Boston in Autumn.
Every place has its own season to shine, and we think Boston’s is indeed the fall! This is the best season where we celebrate the in between of hot summer and cold winter, where we can really explore and enjoy the best of the outdoors! With the perfect temperate weather.
Here are some activities that you can do with your family and friends this fall season.
Walk and enjoy the beauty of autumn colors!
- The public garden is a delightful outdoor area to visit this season. An afternoon swan boat ride will definitely give you a spectacular view of the foliage!
- Just across the public garden is the Boston Common, a hangout place for students, families and downtown office workers. Either take a stroll up the hill or simply lounge with a book on the grassy knolls!
- There is no perfect time but this season to watch the whales in Massachusetts and Boston Harbor! Spot magnificent creatures up close including humpbacks, finbacks and pilot whales!
Pick some apples in nearby orchards!
- The best thing to do every fall is to visit the local farms for a fun-filled apple picking. Here are some great places to go in Massachusetts:
- Boston Hill Farm – It is a fun place to take the kids as they offer daily hayrides in and out to the apple orchard and their pumpkin patch.
- Honeypot Hill Orchard- Aside from apples, you can also pick your own blueberries, peaches and plums here! Don’t forget to check out the farm store filled with fresh jams, pies and drinks that your family will surely love!
- Belkin Family Lookout Farm – This is a staple in Boston and for sure the closest to the city. There are plenty of activities to do such as face painting, train rides, play in farm-theme areas and many more!
Head of the Charles Regatta
- Watch the largest rowing competition in New England, with 11,000 competitors from around the world! Even if you aren’t taking part, you will enjoy yourself by spending some time at Reunion Village, which is halfway along the Boston side of the river and where spectators congregate to enjoy food, drinks, and live commentary.
Explore the city by bike!
- Why limit yourself to a car when you may ride a bicycle and enjoy the cool fall air? It is the ideal temperature to ride your two-wheeler outdoors because it is neither too hot nor too chilly! Autumn signals the transition from summer to winter, and that breathtaking transformation is simple to “fall” for! Any bike ride turns into an autumn foliage tour, thanks to the whole spectrum of hues that are available, including yellow, red, orange, and even purple!
Aside from these activities, there are several upcoming food festivals, cultural celebrations and artisan markets! These are the perfect opportunities to take part in locally produced and organized events that highlight the finest of Boston’s creative economy! You can check this calendar of events for your guide! https://www.funtober.com/festivals/massachusetts/