Creamy Cauliflower Salad (“Mock potato salad”)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard Salt + Pepper
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1-2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Green part of 3 scallions, diced
- Steam or saute the cauliflower until slightly soft and tender and then cool it to room temperature.
- In a large mason jar or medium mixing bowl, add the oil, vinegar, mayo, mustard, and dry seasonings. Whisk to combine well and make the dressing.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cut up celery, cooked cauliflower, and scallion greens. Mix and then add the dressing mixture over the cauliflower mixture and stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 30-60 minutes, serve cold, and enjoy!
Chili Lime Skewers
- Marinade: 2 Tbsp. Chili powder; ¼ cup lime juice, 1 tsp. cracked black pepper, pinch of sea salt, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lb. protein of choice (cut to size to stick on your skewers)- chicken, shrimp, scallops, organic tofu, cubed beef or lamb
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- In a glass bowl, add the marinade ingredients and whisk well. Add the protein of your choice to the bowl, and coat it. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Prepare the skewers- cut peppers and summer squash into cubes and rounds that will stick on the skewers. Toss them in a bit of oil. And set aside.
- Once the protein is done marinating, take it out of the fridge, and start placing the pieces on the skewers, alternating with the vegetables until the skewers are full with about 3-4 inches of room at the bottom to hold them.
- On medium high heat on the grill, place the skewers and cook on both sides for about 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the protein. Once the protein and veggies are cooked and tender, take off the grill and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy with a side of carbs for a complete meal!
Mango Guacamole + Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
For The Guac:
- 2 Medium Mangoes, ripe
- 4 Medium Avocados, ripe
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the mango and avocado by pitting, peeling, and dicing them both.
- Add avocado to a large bowl and mash until smooth or slightly chunky, depending on desired texture.
- Add in the seasonings including the lime, ACV, cilantro, powders, and salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Finally, fold in the cubes of mango throughout the guacamole and enjoy!
For The Sweet Potato:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of water on the stove
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes and cut into long wedges and then place the wedges in the pot of boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Add the boiled wedges to a bowl and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Take the wedges and cook on medium heat on a greased grill, turning over after about 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear on both sides.
- Place on a cooling rack and enjoy alone, or dipped in the guacamole!