Five Journeys is Boston’s go-to destination for IV therapy vitamins. When people experience our healthy IVs, they leave feeling more energized and refreshed. Now they can kick that cold to the curb or get a second wind to finish that business report.
So, if you need to feel better quickly, then try IV therapy vitamins.
But sometimes we get asked about the vitamins we add to our IVs. You may have heard of a Myers cocktail before, or you might run across our Hangover Helper IV when you visit our IV therapy services page. Likewise, many IVs are named after the condition they’re meant to treat. The Anxiety Helper and the Immune Booster are examples of these.
That doesn’t tell you much about what vitamins are inside our IVs, though. In this post, we’re going to walk you through the most common IV therapy vitamins so that you know what is supercharging your body during every session. When we blend the following IV therapy vitamins together in unique ways, we can give the body exactly what it needs to feel alive and vibrant.
Why You Should Get Your Vitamins Through IV Therapy
IV therapy, also known as intravenous therapy, involves administering fluids, medications, and nutrients directly into a person’s bloodstream through a vein. One of the key benefits of getting your vitamins through IV therapy is that it allows for the delivery of high concentrations of nutrients to the body quickly and efficiently.
When most people think of vitamins, they think of an oral capsule or supplement. Maybe you took “Flintstone vitamins” as a kid – those sweet, chalky, hard-as-a-rock pills before breakfast. Or you might even take a more adult supplement today with your meals.
The problem here is that your body won’t absorb all the vitamins you take by mouth. Not only are supplements full of non-nutritional material in order to hold shape, but they also get past the body’s digestive system. The nutritional values of supplements may seem high on the bottle, but you can expect to absorb only a small percentage of the total vitamins.
Instead of downing another capsule with your meal, you’ll want to get your vitamins from IV therapy.
Five Common IV Therapy Vitamins:
- Vitamin C: This powerful antioxidant helps to boost the immune system, protect against infection, and promote collagen production for healthy skin, hair, and nails. High doses of vitamin C given through IV therapy can also be used to treat certain types of cancer.
- Vitamin B12: This essential nutrient helps to support healthy red blood cells, nerve function, and DNA synthesis. People who are deficient in vitamin B12 may experience fatigue, weakness, and depression. So don’t skimp on this one! IV therapy can provide an effective way to replenish B12 levels.
- Vitamin B complex: B complex vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B7, are essential for energy metabolism, brain function, and the health of the skin, hair, eyes, and liver. They also help to support a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin D: This nutrient helps to support strong bones, teeth, and muscle function. It also plays a role in the immune system and may help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that supports the body’s detoxification process and helps to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. It also helps to improve skin health and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It’s important to note that IV therapy should be administered only by a licensed healthcare professional, and individual needs and medical history should be taken into account before taking any IV therapy vitamins.
Schedule Your IV Therapy Session Today at Five Journeys
Five Journeys is now ready to equip new patients with vitamins through IV therapy. After a short 30-minute session, you’ll be feeling more energized and vibrant.
Unlike other IV therapy centers, we pair IVs with functional medicine. You’ll have the option to speak with one of our licensed practitioners about your overall health, and during this conversation, we will aim to get to the root cause of whatever is bothering you. If you have a cold, we will recommend an immune booster. If brain fog is weighing you down, we will come up with a combination of IV therapy vitamins that addresses your fatigue and lack of focus.
Click here to learn more about IV therapy in Boston. You can also call our facility in Boston to book a session for IV therapy at (617) 934-6400.