Administrative Support Specialist
Located in Newton, MA, Five Journeys is a six-year old company that’s just getting started! Even though we’ve enjoyed great growth for many years, we consider ourselves to be a startup company. Our specialities include functional medicine, longevity, wellness, and peak performance. We focus on the root causes of problems, not just treating the symptoms. Our medical providers include Registered Nurses, Registered Dieticians, Nurse Practitioners, and Medical Doctors.
We place great value on culture. We want teammates who are vibrant, exceptional with people, hungry to learn and win as a team, and love building systems and processes. We value relationships, working hard, and playing hard. We have too much energy and vibrancy to be boring; we simply don’t do “blah.”
In this role, you provide administrative support and coordination for all aspects of patient care for both new and/or established patients. You need to be technically adept, administratively organized, and thrive interacting with people while providing exceptional customer service.
* Provide administrative support and coordination for all aspects of patient care for both new and/or established patients.
* Schedule appointments following guidelines that support continuity of care and a high standard of timely communication and rescheduling as necessary.
* Answer telephone calls, as appropriate for new and/or established patients. This includes the responsibility to collect detailed clinical information provided by patients, internal/external providers, and others such as staff from ancillary services, and either resolve problems directly or ensure appropriate escalation to management.
* Recognize urgent patient requests and emergencies and appropriately respond using standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
* Promote retail products, assist office managers and make things happen.
* Provide information to the patient regarding the need for insurance referral(s), and refers calls as appropriate.
* Assist in processing paperwork associated with clinical care including insurance claims, disability forms, and others.
* Other duties as assigned. For example, candidates will be crossed-trained to support medical assistants as needed.
* Usually Monday-Friday
* Work from home on a limited, non-guaranteed basis
* Great attitude and willingness to learn and thrive as a team – required!
* 2+ years of administrative and/or customer sales and service experience – required
* 2+ years of medical front office experience – preferred
* AthenaOne experience a plus
* Excellent communication and organizational skills – required
* Strong attention to detail – required
* Think quickly and problem solve on the spot – required
* Excellent phone etiquette – required
* PC proficiency required – required
* Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
GENERAL HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS
* We work around patients, so we wear masks as required and always practice sound hygiene practices.
* This job requires sitting for long periods of time.
JOB TYPE, SALARY, & BENEFITS
* $23.00 – $25.00 per hour based upon experience.
* 401(k) matching
* Health insurance
* Exercise incentive pay
* Quarterly bonus eligibility
* Employee discount on products and supplements
* Health savings account
* Paid vacation time
* Paid professional development time