Find Adrenal Fatigue Treatment Near Me
Do you find yourself always feeling sluggish, never having enough energy, and unable to get the most out of your life?
Maybe you’ve been told that there’s no root cause behind your persistent health problems. Or maybe your doctor told you that you’re just getting old. Now you’re feeling stuck and having to accept the fact that your health will never be the same.
Spoiler alert: your symptoms aren’t just signs of aging, and you don’t have to feel this way forever.
You may be suffering from a condition known as adrenal fatigue, and the good news is, you can find relief and recovery. You can get back to feeling amazing again.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
There are several adrenal glands in various locations across your body. Each gland creates hormones that are essential for your body to function properly. They’re like mini hormone powerhouses in the body!
Sometimes these “powerhouses” stop working properly, which throws your hormones out of whack. This is known as “adrenal fatigue.”
Below are some of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue:
- Body aches
- Weight gain/loss
- Hair loss
- Low blood pressure
- Brain fog
There’s no single cause of adrenal fatigue, but a variety of lifestyle factors contribute to hormone health: proper nutrition, exercise, stress, inflammation, sleep, allergies, and toxins.
Many people blame these persistent symptoms on aging when adrenal fatigue is the real culprit! The good news is that all it takes is a blood or saliva test to measure your hormone levels and diagnose you with adrenal fatigue.
Functional Medicine and Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue symptoms normally get blamed on old age. We’re here to tell you that this isn’t the case! You can get back to feeling healthy, youthful, and thriving no matter your age.
Spoiler alert: we’re not going to give you another medication to take.
Functional medicine is all about finding the root cause of a health problem. Adrenal fatigue issues might stem from your genetics, diet, lifestyle habits, and even your mental health. The symptoms you’re experiencing are a result of a deeper issue. When looking for adrenal fatigue treatments near me, you want to make sure whichever doctor you visit isn’t just going to mask your symptoms with a pill.
At Five Journeys, we harness five core aspects of health to help our patients get back to feeling their best. Our practice addresses the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and physiological health of each patient to help their bodies, minds, and spirits truly thrive.
Working with a Functional Medicine Doctor
What does working with a functional medicine doctor look like?
First, we get connected and take the time to know you as an individual. We may dig into your genetics, family history of health issues, current lifestyle habits, and your health goals. We want to ask, “Why aren’t your adrenal glands working well?”
Next, we obtain data. At Five Journeys, we harness our advanced technology to fully understand your body and health situation. This helps us get the full picture on what’s going on beneath the surface. This might look like hormone evaluation, allergy testing, and toxin exposure markers.
With these comprehensive results, we’ll put together a custom plan. Our doctors always focus on nutrition, so expect meal guidance and supplementation for your unique body. We may recommend therapies or adrenal fatigue treatments such as chiropractic or massage therapy.
Finally, we’ll help you identify “health markers,” which track your progress and help us see improvements in how you’re doing. In order to get results, we’ll closely monitor your trackers and make tweaks as necessary.
Working with Five Journeys means you’re entering into a partnership, and we’ll stick with you in every season of life.
At-Home Adrenal Relief
Other than working with a functional medicine doctor, there are several ways to care for your adrenals at home. In fact, this is crucial, since you’re at home more than you’re with a functional medicine doctor!
Here are 5 ways to maximize your health and give your adrenals a boost:
- Nourish your body. A functional medicine doctor or nutritionist can help you identify foods, vitamins, and minerals that nourish and heal your adrenals. It’s a good rule of thumb to eat as many whole foods as possible: whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats. And don’t forget to incorporate lots of color, texture, fiber, and micronutrients via fruits and veggies! Also, consider taking supplements or vitamins under the direction of your doctor.
- Exercise regularly. Any form of healthy movement is beneficial for the whole body, especially the adrenal glands. Don’t worry: you don’t have to pump iron or run on the treadmill for hours. Engage in exercise that makes you feel good, whether it’s a gym sesh or yoga. The more you enjoy exercise, the more likely you’ll stay consistent!
- Manage stress. Stress plays a massive role in nearly every health problem out there. When we’re stressed, our cortisol hormone production is elevated, and our bodies experience inflammation. Not to mention that we might feel anxious, depressed, or constantly on edge. Eliminate sources of stress like social media or the news, and engage in stress management techniques like journaling or yoga. Your functional medicine doctor will also help you identify other factors that are causing you stress: poor gut health, supplement deficiencies, or neural pathway function.
- Get enough sleep. No matter what symptoms you’re dealing with, sleep is always the answer! Make sure you’re getting enough rest to properly allow your body and mind to heal. If you struggle to get enough sleep, limit screen time before bed or consider investing in a weighted blanket. Ask your functional medicine doctor about calcium, magnesium, and melatonin to help your body relax.
- Eliminate toxins. Most of us are allergic or sensitive to certain chemicals and substances—the same ones we use to clean our windows, make our homes smell good, and wash our clothes. Your functional medicine doctor will help identify any allergies or sensitivities you may not have been aware of. By getting rid of these, the body can heal without having to fight off extra inflammatory triggers.
Adrenal Fatigue Treatment Near Me
If you’re in search of adrenal fatigue treatment near me, then honey, you’re in the right place. Five Journeys helps patients in the Boston area find healing, vitality, and wellness. We also provide medical support virtually.
Our practice specializes in healing adrenal fatigue. Expect more from your health journey and get started today: book a free discovery call and chat with us. We promise you’ll never feel as good, sunshine.